5D4N Choquequirao trek
This trek is designed for people who love mountains, are interested in archaeological sites and enjoy a physically demanding experience. Breathtaking archeological sites and incredible mountain scenery combine in this unique trekking experience.
Day 1: CUSCO TO CACHORA BY ROAD. HIKE TO CHIQUISCA
We pick you up early from your Hotel in Cusco and travel by private vehicle on the paved road to Lima for about 3 1/2 hours to the town of Cachora where we meet our crew and pack animals. While we enjoy a snack, the mules are packed and we hike for about 5 hours descending into the Apurimac Canyon to camp at Chiquisca at a pleasant1,800 meters above sea level with a mild climate L, D.
DAY 2: TREK CHIQUISCA TO MARANPATA:
After a nutritious breakfast we descend to the Apurimac River and cross it by way of hanging bridge to begin a steep up hill hike for the rest of the day, we arrive at our campsite at Maranpata at midafternoon for a well-deserved rest. B, L, D.
DAY 3: TREK MARANPATA TOCHOQUEQUIRAO
We have breakfast and hike for about an hour and a half to Choquequirao (The last city of the Incas), where we set camp. We will have the rest of the day for an in depth visit toChoquequirao(GoldenCradle)that can be considered the Sister City of MachuPicchu, because of the many similarities they share. They each hang above the two most important Sacred Rivers: The Apurimac and the Vilcanota. They are both at the same latitude and they are both large complexes with highly difficult access that protected them. We’ll have a picnic lunch at the ruins and dinner at our campsite. B,L,D.
DAY 4: TREK CHOQUEQUIRAO TO VILLA LOS LOROS
Early morning departure to start our descent towards Playa San Ignacio for approximately 4 hours. The first part downhill is mild, but as the trail continues it gets very steep. We continue towards Playa San Ignacio, 1,430 m.a.s.l where the trail starts going up again until reaching the Former Hacienda San Ignacio at 1,700 m.a.s.l for another hour of steep trail until reaching El Carmen Bridge. From here we continue for another 45 minutes until reaching the Villa Los Loros Lodge, where we will spend the night.B,L, D.
DAY 5: VILLA LOS LOROS TO CUSCO
Today our vehicle will pick us up at mid-morning to start our drive back to Cusco, a panoramic ascent out of this deep valley with views of the surrounding peaks, we return to Cusco on the same road we took at the beginning. We will arrive to the city in the early afternoon.B,L.
- All meals marked as B, L, D at the end of each day in the itinerary.
- Service of local official guides.
- Service of camp staff: Cook, assistants, mule skinners.
- All group camping and cooking equipment: Passenger tents based in double occupancy. Dinning tent with tables, silverware and chairs. Toilet tent with toilet seat.
Price Does Not Include:
- Meals not specified after each itinerary day
- Additional hotel nights that may be necessitated by schedule changes or other factors
- Expenses such as medical immunizations (if any),
- Travel insurance
- Other expenses of a personal nature (liquor, laundry, and so on.)
- Trip member must provide sleeping bag and sleeping pad. (Please note that sleeping bags can also be rented for $24 and inflatable pads for $20 for the trek).
PRICES PER PERSON
|Price per person USD$||2||3||4/5||6/9||10/15|